No one can resist sweet little treats. And why would they? After all they are a perfect companion of every gathering and the best way to round up a good meal. Resistance is futile, just give in to your sweet tooth 🙂
There are numerous recipes for this dessert, but of course, everyone likes his mother’s or grandmother’s the best. Our recipe for fritule resulted from experimentation and combination of traditional and modern which eventually made them – quick! They’ re easy to make and done almost immediately but equally delicious – small golden balls rich with taste and smell, mmm…
- 4 dl of yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 packets of vanilla sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 20 spoons of all purpose flour
- 1 packet of backing powder
- 1 spoon of rum (This is the secret ingredient of these golden balls which prevents them from absorbing too much oil 😉
- 4 spoons of raisins
- grated lemon rind
- powdered sugar
1. Mix together all the ingredients except powdered sugar until you get a smooth batter.
2. Add some extra flour if you think it is not dense enough and spills from a teaspoon.
3. Scoop some batter with a teaspoon. Use a second teaspoon to ease yourself the job of making them nice and round and dipping them into the hot oil.
4. As soon as they turn golden brown, and that’s quite fast, turn them on the other side and fry them for 2-3 minutes. If you’d put a fair amount of oil into the pan, they’ll do the turning themselves :).
5. Once fried, take them out and drain on a paper towel.
6. Sprinkle them with powdered sugar.
You can make them without the raisins and lemon zest, but remember these are the ingredients that give this dessert that special touch. If your fritule turn out to be every other shape except round, don’t worry…we’ll share with you the advice we were given – practice makes perfect. In any case, no matter what shape they are, fritule are equally delicious :).